Improper landing procedure will result in data collection failure.
At the end of your mission, return to the landing zone at a speed greater than 5 m/s for at least 5 seconds .
As you approach your Landing Zone (LZ), do not exceed 3 m/s horizontally while you descend for landing. If you are using an M300, you can use the Return to Home feature and it should provide a sufficient end flight calibration.
Then follow these steps:
- Static alignment - Land and don't move the Aircraft and/or LiDAR for at least 30 seconds.
- Turn phone WiFi back on and connect to ROCK LiDAR's WiFi network.
- Connect via the web interface (192.168.12.1)
- "Stop" collecting data using web interface.
- "Shutdown" the R2A.
The R2A receives power from the drone. Power off the R2A before your drone to prevent power loss that will result in data loss.
Vehicle Motion Error
If you receive the following error during LiDAR processing:
Failed to find good IMU rotation and antenna lever arm - check vehicle motion
This is frequently due to an error in landing procedure. If this error occurs, you have two options:
- Contact email@example.com. We may be able to manually correct your trajectory file to allow for post-processing (fees apply).
Use the navigation menu below to continue the tutorial.
ROCK R2A Tutorial