We recommend using laszip to reduce your file size for faster upload and processing
Laszip is a compression algorithm which will significantly reduce the size of your las files resulting in more efficient uploading and processing.
4.56 GB las file --> compresses to --> 1.16 GB laz file
Install with Windows
1. Download laszip cli from https://github.com/RockRobotic/LAStools/releases/download/v3.4.3/laszip-cli-win.exe
Run the laszip
- Right click and open the laszip cli you downloaded
- Drag and drop (or copy & paste) the colorized .las into the input file command line, delete the quotations around file name and hit enter
- Drag and drop (or copy & paste) the same file into the output file command line, delete the quotations.
- Rename the extension from .las to .laz then hit enter
- Observe the .laz populate in your project folder, make sure it fully downloads before proceeding. The program window will have an "Enter" prompt when the download is complete.
- You are now ready to upload your .laz into your ROCK Cloud Project.
Use the navigation menu below to continue the tutorial.
Continue ROCK Academy